Manager Group Design & Construction
Are you our new Manager for Group Design & Construction?
Heimstaden is one of the largest privately owned residential real estate companies in Northern Europe, and proceeds to grow. Through our values, CARE, DARE and SHARE, we create Friendly Homes for our customers, and a Friendly Workplace for our people. We actively work for a sustainable society and to create value for our owners and other stakeholders. Currently we hold some 100 800 apartments to a value of approx. SEK 139 billion, located in the Nordics, the Czech Republic, Germany and the Netherlands.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized and self-starting professional to define, develop and scale our development standards across the group, reporting to the Chief Asset Management & Development Officer. The role is new and this, combined with our pace of growth, drive and ambitions offer you a unique opportunity to shape our journey! We promise challenging and exciting tasks, a newly formed team of great and bright colleagues and you will be located in our new office in the city center of Copenhagen
Your responsibilities are to:
- Be responsible for leading the creation, implementation and evolution of all Design Standards (layout, Interior Design, Engineering and Construction) across the group. Digitize – Lead the group wide effort to build comprehensive 3D models of our asset portfolio via reality capture and BIM modeling.
- Think Sustainably and Creatively - Engineering analysis focusing on sustainability and forward looking technical refurbishment planning. Generate process solutions to help us scale our development standards across various countries.
- Lead - connect with an international team of internal and external developers. Work with team members and external partners located within each country to ensure they are integrating new central design standards, and developing country-specific standards to respond to market needs, as-needed.
- Manage Technical Standards - working with our partners in each country, build, maintain, and refresh our central technical standards for friendly homes from an Architectural and implementation perspective. Ensure our standards are compliant with local codes while being easy to mass produce and implement with speed.
- Implement - communicate new standards across all countries, update documentation and provide strategies for teams to implement without friction. Be The escalation point for serious Design or MEP related project issues.
- Work with the BIM Manager to roll-out standard content to allow for earlier and more seamless integration with external parties while maintaining design standards.
- Work with procurement to specify materials, fixtures, appliances and MEP equipment to reduce OPEX and streamline/simplify repair & maintenance for the property management teams.
To succeed in the role:
We believe you have 7+ years experience of all phases of the design process from schematic design through the bid process and construction administration. You have experience executing in multi-market setting across Europe, preferably in a high growth environment, as well as experience from working with systematized design and high pace roll-outs and you have in-depth technical acumen. Your theoretical background is likely a Masters in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management. You have a documented successful track record from leading a team that can deliver in international settings. As a person you are driven, ambitious, highly analytical with an eye for details as well as a highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner. You are open to new and innovative technology designed to optimize the development process. You are a strong people person who can successfully build lasting relations and lead at different levels in an organisation. You possess exceptional written and oral communication skills to express key reasoning and rationale behind decisions
Interested? Apply today (we needed you yesterday)!